Better Body Clinical Nutrition
Paleo Snack Idea # 1 of 12 (more to follow)
Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:01 AM
Meatballs & Sliders;
Packed with protein and freezer-friendly, meatballs and sliders made with ground grass-fed beef, bison or turkey are a great way to satisfy a craving fast and keep you full until mealtime. You can make them plain, add your toppings of choice later, or even include some ethnic seasonings for more interest. For Thai-style, add coconut aminos, lemongrass and ginger. For Mediterranean, try thyme oregano and basil.
Here is a recipe for Keto Slider Buns
6oz organic shredded mozzarella cheese
2oz organic cream cheese
2/3 Miracle Mix (purchase at wellnessbakeries.com)
1 lg pastured egg
3 tbsp organic whole sour cream
1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
Egg Wash + Topping
1 Lg pastured egg yolk
1 tsp water
2 tsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375oF . Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper
2. In a glass bowl, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave in 30 second bursts until melted (or melt in a small saucepan on low heat, mixing continually)
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the Miracle mix, egg, vinegar, and sour cream. Whisk to combine.
4. Add the melted cheese mixture and stir. Then knead with your hands to form a soft dough
5. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and roll into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet
6. Mix egg yolk with 1 tsp water and brush the roll. Top with sesame seeds
7. Transfer to the oven and bake 20-22 minutes until golden
8. Cool on a wire rack.